We are glad to invite you to our eleventh meeting now scheduled on May 10th, starting at 6:00 PM, at cloud.ca center. This will be a good opportunity to hear a series of presentations on OpenStack and network with other open source cloud enthusiasts from Montreal.
Let’s take a look at the program:
What’s new in Mitaka
by Marcos Garcia (Principal Technical Marketing Manager – Telco NFV at Red Hat)
Mitaka is the 13th release of OpenStack and it was released on April 7th, 2016. It was designed and built by an international community of 2,336 developers, operators and users from 345 organizations. Therefore, we thought that you would certainly be interested to hear an interactive presentation of its main highlights and key changes.
Duration: 30 mins
by Ayrat Khayretdinov (Openstack Deployment engineer at CloudOps)
A moonshot is an ambitious, ground-breaking project to address a huge problem via a radical solution, and with breakthrough technology. We needed a way to migrate both cloud-native and legacy applications between clouds in an automated fashion, with minimal risk or downtime. This is the story of our moonshot: to migrate where no one had gone before…
- Tools and techniques to simplify P2C (Physical to cloud) and C2C (Cloud to Cloud) migration
- Demo of migrating workloads from Grizzly to Kilo Openstack Cloud
- How Cloud Condensation, Evacuation as well as Live and Cold VM Migration works
- What it takes to migrate Identity, Glance, Neutron and Nova resources between Clouds
- The mechanics of migrating across different storage backends, such as Ephemeral, Ceph, NFS, iSCSI.
- Migrating Swift object-store data between clouds
- Tips, tricks, and strange discoveries from the bleeding edge of migration project
- The complexity, effort and time involved in migration workloads.
Duration: 30 mins
Language : English
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016, 6:00 PM
420 Rue Guy, Montréal, QC H3J 1S6
- 18:00 Doors open
- 18:15 What’s new in OpenStack Mitaka?
- 18:45 Coffee break
- 19:00 Migration Moonshot
- 19:30 Casual talks and networking
- 20:00 Meeting ends
We also invite new presentators. If you have new ideas for presentations, please send a title and a short description email@example.com. Whether you are an expert on OpenStack technologies or not, you are welcome to join us!